Process monitoring DMSD 2G
For more than 25 years, DMSD has been synonymous with process monitoring in fastener technology
HONSEL received the first patent for process monitoring in blind rivet processing back in 1990. Since then the concept has been continuously optimised and is now available in the DMSD 2G version.
All VVG/HONSEL standard tool components, such as RivSys BZ & VNG, automation, manual workstations and hand-held tools for blind rivet nuts, blind rivets and coils can be interfaced to the DMSD 2G.
New measurement transducers which require a faster sampling rate, parallel and faster data processing and new networking options are the characteristics of the newly designed DMSD 2G.
- Display module - DIM
- Measurement recording module - MEM
- DIM and MEM directly connected
The measurement recording module can be connected to the display module via a connecting cable with a maximum cable length of 5 m or can be plugged in directly. Almost any distance between the modules can be realised by incorporating DIMs and MEMs in a company-provided Ethernet.
Alternatively, the measurement recording module (MEM) is directly connected to the display module (DIM).
2G benefits at a glance
- Connection possibility for measurement transducers with different output signals from DMS to incremental and piezo measurement transducers without additional amplifiers
- The resolution of the distance measurement has been improved from 0.1 mm to 0.01 mm. This therefore complies with the VDA demand for 10 times resolution when recording with regard to the evaluation.
- The facility for monitoring maximum force and two additional control windows has been supplemented by two freely parametrisable control windows, even to the extent of envelope curve monitoring. It is possible to evaluate up to 10 evaluation elements in one measuring program.
- Up to 108 measuring programs can be stored in the monitoring.
- Up to 20 master programs are available for the monitoring.
- Parametrisation and programming take place via the firmware installed in the controller – no additional program is
- Operation and remote maintenance is possible using a VPN tunnel via a VNC viewer.
The persons involved can access the functions of the software via the Internet and monitor the actions. The VNC viewer
can also be connected to a large monitor.
- The measurement evaluation module (MEM) can be used with the display module (DIM) or also as a black box module
without a display module.
Up to eight measurement recording modules can be connected to a display module for extended applications.
When using a VNC viewer, applications can also alternatively be implemented that do not have a display module.
- Up to 8 MEMs can be connected to a DIM and displayed simultaneously.
- As well as the last process values, a history of the previous setting processes can be called up via the MEM.
- The process monitoring measuring programs and settings can be stored on a USB storage medium, from where they can also be restored.
- The process values can be archived on a USB storage medium or on a server via Ethernet (USB storage medium, server or QDAS).
- The process values can be stored in Q-DAS, XML, CSV, PDF, QDA-9 or IPM 5.0 format. Process values stored in CSV format can be subjected to further processing using Excel.
- A scanner for recording the components can be directly attached to the MEM. If a scanner is incorporated, the code that is read in is also stored, making tracking possible.
- Connection to a customer controller is possible via digital inputs and outputs and via a field bus (PROFINET, PROFIBUS DP and EtherCAT).
Connection possibilities for hand-held tools
RivSmart - Wireless process monitoring
- Wireless for maximum flexibility
- In-process monitoring of blind rivet setting processes
- Early detection of quality deviations
- Minimisation of QA effort
- Quick feedback through transparency in the production process
- Traceable process results
- Reduction in additional test routines